Monday, September 12, 2011

Luca's first day of Pre-K

Luca had his first day of school today. I was heartbroken to learn I would be out of town on that day but thankfully my awesome family helped out and Luca had a great day. Aunt Traci drove him up in the morning from Lebanon and even took him by our house to do pictures. He was picked up by Pop pop and Maw maw and spent the afternoon with them while we drove back from the airport and to pick up Gia in Lebanon.

Luca is such a sweet soul, last year he had some problems when other kids in the class would cry (when their parents left) he would get really upset and didn't want to go back. Friday I took him in for a practice day at his new class and asked him why he got so upset when kids cried and he said because he worried about them. I love that boy. Today he said only one girl cried (the one in the purple shirt) and that he was ok because she just wanted to go home but it wasn't time to go home yet. What a difference a year makes. I am so proud to be this boy's mama and so thankful to have a great school to start off his education right! Pictures of San Fran trip to come soon!

1 comments:

Traci said...

Luca is so caring! We had the best drive up to Portland that morning. I was definitely in need of some time to talk to Luca uninterrupted! :)